Frequently asked questions:
1. How can I register for HKIWSC and by which date?
- Through our website by pressing 'Enter Competition' from our main home page, where you can enter online
- By emailing the requested HKIWSC spredsheet form if you have 50 or more entries (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Entry deadline is the 2nd September 2016
2. What happens if I miss the entry deadline?
- Please contact our office on 0044 (0) 1483 548963 and ask for Bev Steer, or send an email to email@example.com
3. What are the costs for participating?
- Standard entry fee - HK $ 1750 (approx £125)
- Exhibitors HKTDC Wine & Spirit Fair - HK $ 1100 (approx £85)
- Food & Wine Matching - HKD $ 550 (approx £45)
4. How can I pay for entering the competition?
- You should pay by Credit Card online once you have competed your entry, if you experience any difficulty please contact info@HKIWSCgroup.com
5. By which date do I have to send the samples?
- Products must be sent ONLY from 5th September to 28th September 2016, samples received after this date, may not be included in the competition.
6. How many samples for each entry need to be sent?
- We will need 3 samples for each wine entry, 1 sample for each spirit entry.
7. How many samples for each entry need to be sent for Food & Wine Matching Competition?
- If you wish to enter a food & wine matching we will need a further:
1 bottle for up to 2 food matches
2 bottles for 3 to 5 matches
3 bottles for 6 to 10 matches
8. Where can I send the samples?
CROWN WINE CELLARS
Crown Data Centre 1, 6 Kin Fung Circuit,
9. Who is the main contact name at your delivery point in Hong Kong?
Customer Service Manager
Tel: (852) 2453-3530
Fax: (852) 2453-3550
10. What happens if I miss the wine delivery deadline?
- Please contact immediately International Tasting Manager Michela Nassiz at Michela.Nassiz@hkiwscgroup.com
11. Style Categories. What is the meaning of the various classes?
- The Style Categories are the actual Tasting Categories that will be presented to the judges during the tasting. These can change depending on the variety of entries. This will include the Wine Style, grape variety, region/appellation/ Vintage/Age
12. Could you provide some information how HKIWSC Competition works?
- Judging integrity is at the heart of any wine or spirit competition. Judges are prohibited from entering the preparation area before or during judging sessions.
- The only people allowed in the preparation area are employees of HKIWSC.
- The wines are presented to the judges in a tasting sample glass with a tasting sheet indicating the tasting category (wine style, grape variety, region/appellation and vintage). At no time would a judge ever see the bottle.
- Samples are assessed quietly and without comment, marks are recorded and collected by the panel chairman who may then open discussions in respect of judge’s comments/scores.
- Products with the highest mark are re-tasted for Trophy in their respective category.
- Results are electronically collected and sent to our UK Offices.
13. What sort of judges do you use?
- Apart from the guest judges, all judges are from Asian origin to reflect a true Asian Competition, with Asian palates, to ensure we are truly ‘Asia's Choice Asia's Voice’
14. What kind of Trophies do you have?
- We have different kinds of Trophies, like Grape Variety Trophy, Best Indigenous Grape Trophy, European Regional Wines Trophy and Best Asian Wines.
- Please visit last years Trophies page.
15. How do you publicise the Competition’s award winners?
- Winners are available to see on our website and benefit immediately with the awards announcement at the prestigious gala dinner on the first night of the HKTDC International Wine and Spirits Fair. Results are profiled in the Cathay Pacific Discovery Magazine, too.
- The competition's network of regional and local media partners, Hong Kong Tatler, Weekend Weekly, Cru Magazine and WOM Guides, provide extensive coverage of winners and their winning products.
16. How can I promote my winning products?
- Winners receive a free marketing toolkit and visibility of the HKIWSC website with tasting notes and direct links for added brand exposure.
- Access to free marketing materials and the ability to purchase stickers for your bottles for promote your success. You will also receive, shortly after the announcements, Certificates that you can display.
17. How may I buy stickers?
- To order medal stickers to promote your wines and spirits please download the sticker order form on our website and email it to Louise.Bolton@iwscgroup.com or fax to +44 01483548826