- Perceived by consumers as the guide to Asian palates, the competition was founded and is run by the IWSC Group and Debra Meiburg MW, one of Asia’s first Masters of Wine – bringing together two of the most credible names in the industry.
- The competition is run in association with the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) which regularly connects millions of international buyers and sellers
- Our Asian judging panel boasts key influencers in the Asian wine & spirit market ensuring medal-winning wines appeal to the Asian market – ‘Asia’s Choice, Asia’s Voice’.
- The competition was the first international competition to develop food and wine pairing with 10 signature Asian dishes (Chinese, Japanese, Indian and Thai)
- After judging by double-blind tasting, all results are verified by KPMG, giving entrants confidence in the rigour and validity of the judging process
- Results are profiled in the Cathay Pacific Discovery Magazine - estimated readership of over 1.6 million travellers globally
- The competition’s network of regional and local media partners, Hong Kong Tatler, Weekend Weekly, Cru Magazine and WOM Guides, provide extensive coverage of winners and their winning products.
- Medal-winning wine & spirit results are showcased at the HKTDC’s Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Fair, one of Asia’s largest and most exciting industry events
- The Awards Ceremony is one of the highlights in the industry calendar
- Winners receive a free ‘marketing toolkit’ and visibility on the HKIWSC website with tasting notes and direct links for added brand exposure
- Our growing list of supporting organizations including Hong Kong Sommelier Association, Hong Kong Bartenders Association and Lan Kwai Fong extends our reach to decision-makers and professionals in the hotel and hospitality sector.