- 唯一一个提供完整亚洲食物与葡萄酒搭配奖项的品评赛, 包括清酒
- 2017年大赛有选自亚洲不同区域的12个小菜, 请参考用何种葡萄酒/清酒搭配某个菜肴的小贴士
12道新款亚洲”喜庆” 菜肴,将在2017 HKIWSC首次被展现，分别来自于中国,日本,印度,马来/新加坡, 泰国以及第一次入选的越南。
品评赛的总监葡萄酒大师 Debra Meiburg解释说： “亚洲美食和葡萄酒搭配通常是最有趣的一个类别，因为它总是会引发一些令人惊讶的搭配……它确实改变了人们对何种葡萄酒和清酒最适合亚洲菜肴的先入为主观念。“
饺子是用搅碎的肉末(通常是猪肉)以及蔬菜包在由面团擀成的薄皮里, 然后压紧边缘,做成一个金元宝的形状。饺子可以用锅煎(煎饺), 或者有高汤的 (汤饺)。
脆爽的、具有奶香的白葡萄酒, 或者一款轻/中酒体的红葡萄酒, 能够搭配其味道和质感. 避免过分地带有香水气息的葡萄酒,这会覆盖过菜肴的美味。
[类别: 日本新年 / ”御正月” 和喜庆]
盐烤红鲷鱼是一道日本新年传统菜式, 鲷, 红鲷,是 “鱼”中之王, 是新年盛宴的开场菜。鱼是保留鱼骨,直接盐烤, 以增加鲜美和风味。
矿物质是搭配这个菜肴, 提升鲜味 (Umami) 的关键, 同时带出葡萄酒的果味。白葡萄酒并不是搭配鱼菜的唯一选择。当有用到酱油进行调味时，轻到中等酒体, 兼具柔顺成熟单宁的红葡萄酒也非常合适搭配。
[类别: 喜庆/ 经典]
Hai Nan Chicken Rice
Poached chicken with seasoned rice. Although it is considered as one of Singapore’s national dishes, it is also common in other parts of Southeast Asia. Apart from the soft chicken, the highlight of this dish is definitely the buttery and flavorful rice prepared with chicken fat, ginger, garlic and Pandan leaves. The dish is typically served with three sauces: minced red chili and garlic, dark soy sauce, and freshly ground ginger.
With a rich flavor profile of the chicken, rice and sauce, the dish can pair with a variety of white wines – crispy whites with the delicate chicken, off-dry whites with the spicy sauce, etc. A sharp acidity in the wine would ameliorate the greas of the rice as well.
Indian Beef Curry
When compared with other genres of Southeast Asian curry, Indian curry is usually much hotter and less sweet. It is very flavorful thanks to a myriad of herbs and spices.
To counter balance the hot spices in the dish, chilled wines with a lower alcohol content are usually a safe bet. Refreshing rosé or sparkling wine would carry well. Dry yet aromatic, or off-dry wines are also wonderful choices. Fruity red wines could also be considered to pair with the beef. Avoid wine overloaded with oak flavour, however.
Bánh Hỏi with Roasted Pork (Thịt heo quay)
A combination of vegetable, flour and meat, the dish encompasses varying flavours and textures in just one bite. Bánh Hỏi is a bundle of woven rice vermicelli topped with spring onion, lettuce leaves, mint and other herbs. The pork usually comes along with a crispy skin and is served in a mouthful size. Generally, the taste of the dish is refreshing but mild.
Dry red or rosé wines with minerality, crispiness and a light body are genial matches. The roasted pork will go perfectly with a slightly oaked wine.
Coconut Layer Cake (Bánh Da Lợn)
Made with sweet gelatine, the cake is beautifully layered with alternate colours. Main ingredients include tapioca starch, rice flour, mashed mung beans or taro, coconut milk and sugar. Natural sweet wine is an obvious choice. Try wine with a lower alcohol content and/or a lighter body wine, as the cake is usually exquisite in taste.
- “Winning a silver medal in the HKIWSC has truly helped my product to achieve international credibility regarding its taste. This has positively affected
decisionmaking of several new merchants who now carry my product.”Kaustav BagchiOwner, Lamai Thai Spirits
- “Louis Royer Cognac has been entering the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition for many years. This competition is regarded as the most respected in Asian countries. Winning an award is a high honour for our brand and a further seal of quality for our multi-award winning Cognac.”Carol FrugierMarketing and Communications Manager, Louis Royer Cognac
- “Adding to our success over the past few years at the HKIWSC, winning a trophy means so much to us as we have just recently entered the Chinese market with our brandies. The Chinese market is unique, which makes it even more exciting to know that Oude Molen VOV Brandy is well accepted.”Kobus GelderblomBrandy Master, Oude Molen Distillery
- “It is a great honour for us to receive this award and we are very thankful about the reputation from wine enthusiasts in China. This award is a testament to the fact that our white wines not only match the traditional Austrian food but also matches perfectly with the Asian cuisine.”Katja PflogschWinemaker, Domäne Wachau
- “Having won three trophies in the last four years in different food & wine matching categories at HKIWSC has showcased Pegeric Pinot Noir and its suitability with Asian cuisines leading to its listing with one of Australia’s top restaurant – Melbourne’s iconic Flower Drum.”Chris CormackCEO, Pegeric Wines
- “To get recognition from such a prestigious panel is
veyrewarding indeed, and proves that our wines are made in a style that is truly food friendly. The HKIWSC has become one of the year’s most well-respected wine competitions globally. For us, the food match component is a fantastic chance to demonstrate how well our wines compliment so many different flavours. Moreover, it is a competition known and valued by our customers so a trophy can be hugely influential.””Susanna MayerWinemaker, Yealings
- “Awards and medals at the HKIWSC have been like a stamp of approval to the quality of our wines. Because it is an Asian-focused competition, I know that my wines are being judged and measured by the same yardstick as all the other wines, given our viticultural conditions are quite unique compared with the rest of the world. These medals give me and, more importantly, my consumers the confidence that my wines stand apart from the competition.”Kalash GurnaniWinemaker, York Winery
- “We are very proud of our results. One of our key focuses is the Asian market, so we really want to make our wines special and desirable for this market. That’s why we want to enter this competition and be evaluated by the expert judging panel.”Sofia Cajewski Winemaker, Cremaschi Furlotti
- “We at Yealands Estate Wines are proud to be
recognizedby the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition. The organizationis held in the highest regard and our success in the competitions has become a strong voice for our quality around the globe.”Avram DeitchGlobal Marketing Manager, Yealands Wine Group
- “Winning awards in reputable international wine shows such as the Cathay Pacific HKIWSC is one of the many ways of educating our consumers and giving them confidence in purchasing the Saint Clair brand. This enhances brand perception
increases sales across our entire portfolio of wines.”Maria EastonWinemaker, Saint Clair Family Estate anin turn