This policy was last updated: December 2015 test
What are Cookies?
HKIWSC tries to give the visitors to our website the best experience possible. One of the ways we achieve this is by storing small amounts of information about your visit on your computer in data files called cookies. Cookies don't identify you personally, but help our website remember details about your visit enabling us to provide better services for you. They cannot carry viruses or install malware on your machine.
You can control and delete these files as you wish. If you chose to delete cookies please be aware that some parts of the website, such as our the entry process and shoppoing cart, will not work properly. You can find out more about cookies and how to remove them at: http://aboutcookies.org
HKIWSC use several cookies throughout our site. For clarity we'll run through each cookie we set, what reasons we have for setting them and how long they last for.
Measuring Website Usage (via Google Analytics)
We measure how people visit the site to improve the experience for our visitors as part of an ongoing process. We use Google Analytics to do this, and Analytics keeps track of what pages you visit, how long you stay on each section of the site and what links you click on. Google Analytics does not store any personal details about you and we do not allow Google to share or use any analytics data gathered.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies in order to measure this.
|Cookie Name||Typical Content||Description||Expires in:|
|_utma||a random number||Minimally Intrusive. Used for Google web metrics||2 years|
|_utmb||a random number||Minimally Intrusive. Used for Google web metrics||30 minutes|
|_utmc||a random number||Minimally Intrusive. Used for Google web metrics||when you close your browser|
|_utmx||a random number||Minimally Intrusive. Used for Google web metrics||2 years|
Remembering Your Session
To remember your details when you fill in our contact form we save details of your visit as a session on our server.
To keep track of your unique session we set the identifying number in a cookie. Without this cookie this website would not work efficiently.
|Cookie Name||Typical Content||Description||Expires in:|
|hkiwsc_PHPSESSION||a random number||Exempt from updated privacy regulations. Required by this site's content management system to operate||When you close the browser|
|affiliate||a number||Minimally Intrusive. Used to remember that you have come from a link that was given out by our affliate. Your account will be logged with this affiliate code||1 year|
MWM Wine School
Hong Kong Maritime Museum
Test Your Palate
Sake Central (S109-S113, Block A, PMQ, 35 Aberdeen Street, Central, Hong Kong)
Restaurant and Bar HK
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
Women of Wine Festival
HKEX Connect Hall
- “Winning a silver medal in the HKIWSC has truly helped my product to achieve international credibility regarding its taste. This has positively affected
decisionmaking of several new merchants who now carry my product.”Kaustav BagchiOwner, Lamai Thai Spirits
- “Louis Royer Cognac has been entering the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition for many years. This competition is regarded as the most respected in Asian countries. Winning an award is a high honour for our brand and a further seal of quality for our multi-award winning Cognac.”Carol FrugierMarketing and Communications Manager, Louis Royer Cognac
- “Adding to our success over the past few years at the HKIWSC, winning a trophy means so much to us as we have just recently entered the Chinese market with our brandies. The Chinese market is unique, which makes it even more exciting to know that Oude Molen VOV Brandy is well accepted.”Kobus GelderblomBrandy Master, Oude Molen Distillery
- “It is a great honour for us to receive this award and we are very thankful about the reputation from wine enthusiasts in China. This award is a testament to the fact that our white wines not only match the traditional Austrian food but also matches perfectly with the Asian cuisine.”Katja PflogschWinemaker, Domäne Wachau
- “Having won three trophies in the last four years in different food & wine matching categories at HKIWSC has showcased Pegeric Pinot Noir and its suitability with Asian cuisines leading to its listing with one of Australia’s top restaurant – Melbourne’s iconic Flower Drum.”Chris CormackCEO, Pegeric Wines
- “To get recognition from such a prestigious panel is
veyrewarding indeed, and proves that our wines are made in a style that is truly food friendly. The HKIWSC has become one of the year’s most well-respected wine competitions globally. For us, the food match component is a fantastic chance to demonstrate how well our wines compliment so many different flavours. Moreover, it is a competition known and valued by our customers so a trophy can be hugely influential.””Susanna MayerWinemaker, Yealings
- “Awards and medals at the HKIWSC have been like a stamp of approval to the quality of our wines. Because it is an Asian-focused competition, I know that my wines are being judged and measured by the same yardstick as all the other wines, given our viticultural conditions are quite unique compared with the rest of the world. These medals give me and, more importantly, my consumers the confidence that my wines stand apart from the competition.”Kalash GurnaniWinemaker, York Winery
- “We are very proud of our results. One of our key focuses is the Asian market, so we really want to make our wines special and desirable for this market. That’s why we want to enter this competition and be evaluated by the expert judging panel.”Sofia Cajewski Winemaker, Cremaschi Furlotti
- “We at Yealands Estate Wines are proud to be
recognizedby the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition. The organizationis held in the highest regard and our success in the competitions has become a strong voice for our quality around the globe.”Avram DeitchGlobal Marketing Manager, Yealands Wine Group
- “Winning awards in reputable international wine shows such as the Cathay Pacific HKIWSC is one of the many ways of educating our consumers and giving them confidence in purchasing the Saint Clair brand. This enhances brand perception
increases sales across our entire portfolio of wines.”Maria EastonWinemaker, Saint Clair Family Estate anin turn