Cherry Lam
|Company||Moet Hennesy Diageo HK|
|Position||Brand Ambassador, Diageo Portfolio|
Cherry Lam has been a Diageo Portfolio Brand Ambassador since 2016. She was born in Hong Kong, raised in Sydney and lived in London with over ten years experience working behind the city’s top bars. In 2017, she joined the Diageo Whisky Academy, to share whisky experience from some of the most renowned Diageo distilleries in Scotland.
She joined Diageo in 2015 after working in London as a head bartender in Blind Pig, awarded as the “Best International Cocktail Bar” at Tales of the Cocktail’s Spirited Awards 2015. She has also worked at Tony Conigliaro concept’s bar, Bar Termini – ranked 9th in The World’s 50 Best Bars 2017.
Prior to Diageo, Cherry was the marketer at the Tasting Group. She won her first bartending competition and represented Hong Kong as the bartender from Quinary. In 2014, she has competed the World Class Diageo Bartender Competition in Hong Kong and was titled the first and only female bartender to be ranked in the top 3 of Hong Kong region.
"I hope to share my passion and profession of the knowledge of whisky and spirits, to collaborate with the best wine & spirits enthusiasts in Hong Kong, and to help consumers to recognise their favourite flavourings in a cocktail.
I hope to welcome people who love to enjoy life to the community of the wine and spirits enthusiasts.
- “Winning a silver medal in the HKIWSC has truly helped my product to achieve international credibility regarding its taste. This has positively affected
decisionmaking of several new merchants who now carry my product.”Kaustav BagchiOwner, Lamai Thai Spirits
- “Louis Royer Cognac has been entering the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition for many years. This competition is regarded as the most respected in Asian countries. Winning an award is a high honour for our brand and a further seal of quality for our multi-award winning Cognac.”Carol FrugierMarketing and Communications Manager, Louis Royer Cognac
- “Adding to our success over the past few years at the HKIWSC, winning a trophy means so much to us as we have just recently entered the Chinese market with our brandies. The Chinese market is unique, which makes it even more exciting to know that Oude Molen VOV Brandy is well accepted.”Kobus GelderblomBrandy Master, Oude Molen Distillery
- “It is a great honour for us to receive this award and we are very thankful about the reputation from wine enthusiasts in China. This award is a testament to the fact that our white wines not only match the traditional Austrian food but also matches perfectly with the Asian cuisine.”Katja PflogschWinemaker, Domäne Wachau
- “Having won three trophies in the last four years in different food & wine matching categories at HKIWSC has showcased Pegeric Pinot Noir and its suitability with Asian cuisines leading to its listing with one of Australia’s top restaurant – Melbourne’s iconic Flower Drum.”Chris CormackCEO, Pegeric Wines
- “To get recognition from such a prestigious panel is
veyrewarding indeed, and proves that our wines are made in a style that is truly food friendly. The HKIWSC has become one of the year’s most well-respected wine competitions globally. For us, the food match component is a fantastic chance to demonstrate how well our wines compliment so many different flavours. Moreover, it is a competition known and valued by our customers so a trophy can be hugely influential.””Susanna MayerWinemaker, Yealings
- “Awards and medals at the HKIWSC have been like a stamp of approval to the quality of our wines. Because it is an Asian-focused competition, I know that my wines are being judged and measured by the same yardstick as all the other wines, given our viticultural conditions are quite unique compared with the rest of the world. These medals give me and, more importantly, my consumers the confidence that my wines stand apart from the competition.”Kalash GurnaniWinemaker, York Winery
- “We are very proud of our results. One of our key focuses is the Asian market, so we really want to make our wines special and desirable for this market. That’s why we want to enter this competition and be evaluated by the expert judging panel.”Sofia Cajewski Winemaker, Cremaschi Furlotti
- “We at Yealands Estate Wines are proud to be
recognizedby the Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition. The organizationis held in the highest regard and our success in the competitions has become a strong voice for our quality around the globe.”Avram DeitchGlobal Marketing Manager, Yealands Wine Group
- “Winning awards in reputable international wine shows such as the Cathay Pacific HKIWSC is one of the many ways of educating our consumers and giving them confidence in purchasing the Saint Clair brand. This enhances brand perception
increases sales across our entire portfolio of wines.”Maria EastonWinemaker, Saint Clair Family Estate anin turn